You wanna know what it takes to make me cry?
To be honest, not a whole lot. I’m not quite as bad as my sister, who has been known to cry over football, Pitch Perfect 2, and the simple joy of good Southern cooking. However, I’m not quite as stoic as a friend of mine who, when asked, said the last time she cried was when she “fell down and scraped her knee when she was four.”
So, anyway, here’s a list of all the things that I have been known to cry over, just in case you need to blackmail me or anything:
- (Imagine Dragons) concerts. I cry at concerts anyway during certain songs, but as it turns out I will spend the majority of a show crying if it’s put on by Imagine Dragons. I don’t even have to be there. I’ve watched a video of their FarmAid concert like three times and I still cry every time, to say nothing of the weeping that occurred when they ACTUALLY PLAYED BLEEDING OUT IN OMAHA.
- Dog videos on YouTube. There’s not a lot in this world that I will claim to love unconditionally, but dogs are one of them. Seeing happy dogs welcome their soldier owners, being rescued and rehabilitated, or having a birthday party hits me right in the corner of my heart that hasn’t yet frozen over.
- Up. THEY JUST LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH.
- Humidity. I’m sure there was more to it than feeling like I was walking through a sweaty armpit, but the fact of the matter remains that I returned to the dorm and cried because of how miserably hot and humid it was that day.
- The end of Australia. The movie, not the continent.
- This picture (from laughter):
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Just how many times I cry depends on how emotional I am to begin with, but I always cry at the Grey Havens scene. Sometimes I cry when Merry and Pippin lead the charge on Mordor or when Sam pushes an orc down the stairs for his Old Gaffer. I’m getting emotional just thinking about it.